What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The future of Photoshop

Paul

Former Member
How far can it go - do you really care ?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As far as the program itself, I think Photoshop is still unrivaled. Used in conjunction with other programs, it's still a strong workhorse for the industry, which in itself, can be considered the more prominent problem who's future is more in question.

Yes I care or I would not be here.

MikeMc

McGuru
Wow.....the future is ?????? I started 40 plus years ago...pan X and dektol age. Then digital, what next? I suspect holography will be the next dimension, will PS get us to that point.....I have no clue, but I am hanging on for the ride

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Well, in the future i'd hope to see a more streamlined integration of external plugins and programs that work using Photoshop, for example, quixel suite.
I'd also like to see an external renderer such as marmoset for the 3d features, rather than using an integrated one at the moment.

But the one thing of all is free educational licenses

But to be honest Photoshop from my usage is still very widely used, but things like substance painter are hot on photoshop's heels.

And I would also like to see a non subscription version make an appearance. The monthly payments are a real turn off

hawkeye

Guru
Wow.....the future is ?????? I started 40 plus years ago...pan X and dektol age. Then digital, what next? I suspect holography will be the next dimension, will PS get us to that point.....I have no clue, but I am hanging on for the ride

Been that route too: Panatomic-X "ASA" 25 and Microdol-X = almost grainless

Tom Mann

Guru
Hardly exotic, but fairly often I could use some minor, but easy to access mechanical drawing features like leader lines, dimension lines, etc. (ie, without firing up AutoCAD).

Tom M

MikeMc

McGuru
Been that route too: Panatomic-X "ASA" 25 and Microdol-X = almost grainless

Rodinal (Agfa) with PanX was grainless....BUT unless BRIGHT sun outside useless at asa 25.....1/30 at f16....bring your tripod!

SweetMonia

I imagine Photoshop will turn into the cloud, it will still be used by professionals, but it may not be the dominant player in mobile & tablets. I think this depends on how Adobe does in the future.