What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Idea I had.

Chsavage

Who knows if it already exists? Well in a way it does.
Let's say you have this car, and you want some new shiny wheels and tires, no problem. There are dozens of ways to get exactly what you want sent right to your doorstep, or installed professionally at any number of shops. Now lets say you just wanna see how those look before you buy them. That's not a problem either, a few websites can generate an image for you that shows a picture of your make and model vehicle, model year color and all, with those wheels installed. Great tool since the part in question is a little to expensive to order just to try on like a pair of shoes.

Now lets say you've got a car, but not like that last car. You're not just a casual aftermarket part buyer, you're a gear head an you are in this deep. This car is an extension of who you are and it kills you to see the same one as what you have. It breaks your soul when people think they saw you driving about because some other cat got you got. So you're gonna do it all, after market bumpers, side skirts, hoods, doors, wraps, wheels, headlights, tires, whatever.

The kick is you can't preview most of these things the same way you can those wheels. You can ask people like the gurus here to do that for you, personally I love putting carbon fibre parts on cars digitally for people, but not everyone wants to come ask for a single image. Some people want more.

My idea fulfills that purpose I think. Let's say you own a vehicle that is often modded, or even one that isn't, but you're willing to submit pictures of what you have and what you want to a sort of database creation service. This service will work with a site and an app so that eventually anyone can go there and preview nearly any part they can think of on their ride. They can keep a file of their ride so that as they acquire these parts they can save their progress on a model of their very own car. Yeah this is possible in a video game, but video games don't have that custom windshield decal, that odd dent on the lower quarter panel, that very specific color the body shop spent hours perfecting for you. But this service does.

Does anyone know of something like this that exists?

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
The issue with this is that there are just too many aftermarket parts to database them all in one place.

It would probably need a dedicated team of Photoshoppers and 3D modelers to constantly work on adding new parts to keep it up to date.

I've actually thought about building a website like this, linked to aftermarket part dealers. It's a big project, would require significant time investment.