What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tragic Wedding mistake PLEASE HELP!

mfriel

Hello! So I just shot a wedding a couple days ago and was super exited to get the send off shot! but tragically in all the chaos my speedlight refused to fire behind the couple leaving a frankly terrible photo. I have been super upset about this ever since and thought: " Hey, maybe the power of photoshop can help me here!"
So if there is any hope to make this photo less terrible (and ideally have synthetic light coming from behind them like a flash would) That would be awesome. I myself lack photoshop skills and have been looking into a way. PLEASE HELP- thanks so much in advance.

PS: Shot in RAW- Let me know if you need any other file type.
File is too big to add attachment so here is a link to it in my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhfkrcxx52d1zwb/DSC_0969.psd?dl=0

"

Argos

Guru
I made a really fast test (3minuts) with really dreadful selections because i thing it will be an insane work if not imposible to recreate a light condition with all it's going on in the picture.

My try

DSC_0969fg.jpg

Last edited:

mfriel

I made a really fast test (3minuts) with really dreadful selections because i thing it will be an insane work if not imposible to recreate a light condition with all it's going on in the picture.

My try

Sorry- I am not seeing your attempt... Thanks for trying however!

mfriel

Hey that looks better! Still not quite what I needed but better. thanks for your efforts!

Argos

Guru
Colleague i dont have the psd (erased when playing with new one XD) but i have the example image (jpg) with the original resolution if you needed to adapt your work.

colleague

Guru
I'm sorry

It was not my intension to use Argos ' image , I made a mistake
I cannot make it higher resolution because I used other images and also brush to create the hair-light

kind regards colleague

Argos

Guru
Nothing to apology for.. It gave my the impression that you dind't notice since the first post don't have image only link, and seemed odd to me that you dind't fix the ugly countourn lines of my fast example :biglaff:.

Just to be clear everything i post in this forum can be used for his members and more if it is to improve it.

Cheers!

mfriel

I'm sorry

It was not my intension to use Argos ' image , I made a mistake
I cannot make it higher resolution because I used other images and also brush to create the hair-light

kind regards colleague

What if I gave you the psd again? Sorry If I am misunderstanding... I just really need this photo :)

Argos

Guru
What if I gave you the psd again? Sorry If I am misunderstanding... I just really need this photo :)

The problem for him is try to recreate all i did in the original psd he use to acomplish the same results you like.

What i tried that is easier is to recreate and adapt what colleague did in my first example (original resolution) and try to fix the problem with the white countourn and hair.

I added and extra red tone but it's easy to remove XD

DSC_0969mf2g.jpg

Cheers!

mfriel

The problem for him is try to recreate all i did in the original psd he use to acomplish the same results you like.

What i tried that is easier is to recreate and adapt what colleague did in my first example (original resolution) and try to fix the problem with the white countourn and hair.

I added and extra red tone but it's easy to remove XD

View attachment 78769

Cheers!

I see, so would this one be large enough for me to work on then? Or would it be too much to ask if both of you could do it again with the original?