What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with erase tool..I think

missepooh77

Hi everyone!
I found a video on you tube on how to make burn edge effect on your photo. Everything looks great..except that it seems the paint brush i used to erase the edges left an "impression" LOL. It started to show up when i did the "Inner Glow" command. As you can see on the photo attached. How do i get rid of this?? I should add that I'm new to photo shop.

Thanks for everyone's help. I do appreciate it
Angela

Attachments

• MG_0579-small.jpg
    MG_0579-small.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 18

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
So sorry... had to step out for a while.

When you said "impression", do you mean the dark, black areas? And are you working on that small an image?

It may be caused by by the setting you used... too much Choke and less Spread

Or the dark blotches may be prominent because you're working on a small image. you don't have to follow the settings used in the tutorial.

missepooh77

No i had to shrink the photo so i could upload it...
I started off opening a JPEG, unlocked it, the next thing i did was picked the correct paint brush that was needed to create that edge, i used the erase command around the edges. after that i did the inner glow, picked black as the color and started to increase the size, it was at this point i began to see the grey forming around the edges.
if you were to take away all the shades of grey you see around the edges, that would be the pic i want..

MG_0579-small.jpg
i tried to make it larger but looks the same to me

Attachments

• MG_0579-small.jpg
    MG_0579-small.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Sorry to keep you waiting...

Could you post a screen grab of your brush settings? I could be wrong, but it looks like the brush used wasn't set to 100% maximum hence the grey artifacts.