What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Fonts

ElizabethM

I am pretty certain most of my trends start with "I have a question!" :lol:
It is then closely followed by "I was thinking about ____ the other day and wondered..."

Haha okay, in all seriousness, I came across a font tutorial today on YouTube and this guy purchased a $40 font and commented that he's use those particually for clients.
In a higher scale of graphic design, how does one handle fonts? I have loads of free fonts downloaded on my computer, but I hardly remember what some of the Read Me docs said. Do you keep the whole folder with all the previews and Read Me's or do you just keep the OpenType/TrueType files? I used to keep just the font files, but now I keep the entire folder.

I imagine that when designing a big level work for a company that will probably be on magazines, newspapers and etc, nobody wants to deal with the copyright issue of fonts. So all elements are legally owned and used as per their Read Me docs. That being said, would you then sort your font folder with "free fonts" "personal use fonts" "commerical use fonts" "bought fonts" type folders?

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you keep the whole folder with all the previews and Read Me's or do you just keep the OpenType/TrueType files? I used to keep just the font files, but now I keep the entire folder.
Keep all folders. With the availability of massive storage space, keep everything.

ElizabethM said:
I imagine that when designer a big level work for a company that will probably be on magazines, newspapers and etc, nobody wants to deal with the copyright issue of fonts. So all elements are legally owned and used as per their Read Me docs. That being said, would you then sort your font folder with "free fonts" "personal use fonts" "commerical use fonts" "bought fonts" type folders?
Yes.

ElizabethM

Thanks Sam! I shall look into trying to sort out my font folder one of these days. And a time machine to yell at past me for leaving it so messy. :lol: