What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Request to Make Picture More "Professional"

Could someone photoshop either of these images to look more professional? I'd like there to be no headphones visible, a more plain background, and the shirt to be just plain black or white. I have two image options in case the one with the hand is too difficult to photoshop. Thank you so so sooooo much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 3.09.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 3.09.35 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 3.14.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 3.14.15 PM.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 12

Rich54

Guru
Both photos are of equal ease/difficulty. Do you have a preference for one over the other?

Personally, I enjoy doing this as a hobby and will attempt one of them for you. But I've got to ask, isn't it a lot easier to just take another photo of yourself? Once we eliminate the background, blouse and earphones, there's nothing else about these photos that can't be replicated in five minutes with a new photo. Why not have someone take a nice photo of you in a dark blouse against a neutral background?

Argos

Guru
I'm doing the first one, but just for practice, has been a while since i do something like this. And to do it perfect it's to much work to make it for free.

Both photos are of equal ease/difficulty. Do you have a preference for one over the other?

Personally, I enjoy doing this as a hobby and will attempt one of them for you. But I've got to ask, isn't it a lot easier to just take another photo of yourself? Once we eliminate the background, blouse and earphones, there's nothing else about these photos that can't be replicated in five minutes with a new photo. Why not have someone take a nice photo of you in a dark blouse against a neutral background?

I actually need the picture to be in this location, I'm kind of far and can't go back for a while! If you could photoshop the hand out, I'd say do that one. I think it shows more of my face and looks a little more professional. If you can't, then the other one would be good.

Argos

Guru
I only made the face but it's too late here, and i think i'm making a mess :rofl:. I think it's better to look it tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 36.jpg

Edit: Forget to correct the yellow dominance XD

Last edited:

Rich54

Guru
I actually need the picture to be in this location, I'm kind of far and can't go back for a while! If you could photoshop the hand out, I'd say do that one. I think it shows more of my face and looks a little more professional. If you can't, then the other one would be good.

Ok, I misunderstood your original request. I didn't realize you wanted your hand removed from your face in the preferred second photo. And when you asked for the background to be "more plain", I took that to mean a completely different background. If it still needs to be this location, then what exactly would you like changed about the background? Perhaps only remove the umbrella and chairs and leave everything else as is?

To remove your hand from the second image is a major undertaking, with a fair amount of guesswork about exactly what to draw-in behind it. I'll give it a shot because I like the challenge, but it will take a few days and I can't promise success.

Last edited:

yes, I'd like the background to just have the umbrella and chairs removed. And if possible, that reddish sweater to the left. If the hand is a big obstacle, I'm completely fine with the other picture!

Paul

Former Member
Thanks Sam, i got bored as per usual so i stopped needs probably another three hours of touching up smudging and painting in layers. Then applying effects filters and adjusting light/tone colours a lot really lol.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, but it's far from being done yet, it still needs some work. Notice the string tie remnant on her lower neck!