What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

black spot in over subject w/glasses eye

brandyj75

I am by no means very professiant in photoshop, but do know a thing or two. I took several pictures of my daughter (who wears glasses) and there is a black spot over one eye. I am assuming that it has something to do with glare from the flash on the glasses. I have photoshop elements 7. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

we might need an upload of the image so we can get a jist of what you mean, it will help us help you.

This effort was made exactly how Steve described, i added my own style to it slightly:)

yep i would use the cloning tool. but i am curious as of what caused this in the pictures?? did you say more than one picture did this? you could either clone the hair like paul did or clone the skin between the hair if you wanted to keep it original.

I also cloned the other eye, and made a few filter changes to it to make it blend better.

Awesome! I didn't even think of covering the spot with the hair. How did you get the glare out of the glasses? Yes, it did happen in a couple of other pictures, all on her and also on a friend who was wearing glasses? Why does this happen? If I uploaded them, do you think you could fix them?

It happens because of where the flash is located. The angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection. Shooting head on, the angle is right back at you. Try off camera flash or bounce it off the ceiling, sidewall etc, to change the angle. Or move to the side to change the angle.

Last edited:
And the dark spot over the eye looks like red eye removal fail. Sometimes I've noticed Photoshop has a hard time with red eye removal if there isn't distinct edges. if this does happen you can use the sponge tool and desaturate the pupil area then burn it in.

Back