What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant put text on a banner

SerpentiaZeus

f4vEwhD.png
i cant put text in the green zone i wanted to put a text with gold colour but when i start to type nothing happens

Evan though your color picker shows a foreground color of, say, gold, on the bottom left of the toolbar, if you select the text tool, it may still be on your background color (green, in this case) - which is indicated on the top tool menu bar. Make sure that color is set to gold (or anything different from your background).

SerpentiaZeus

So how should i fix it?which buttons shall i press?I really dont know what to do can you guide me step by step?

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
With the Text Tool selected just click where the white arrow is pointing to open up the color picker and choose the color you want for the text

text.jpg

You can also change the color from here

text1.jpg

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
You need to move the Text layer to the top of the layers panel, just click on the Text Layer and drag it up with the mouse

text2.jpg

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Based on your original screenshot:

You are creating text just fine, the problem is you are creating it BEHIND other layers that are obscuring it from view.

In order to avoid this just have the TOP layer selected BEFORE selecting the 'Type' tool...

banner_text_MT_01.png

You should find that as long as the text colour is different from that of its background you'll see the text as you type.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
It would be more helpful if you posted a screen shot of what IS happening rather than just repeating that it doesn't work.

We would need to see at least the Layers Panel and the Character Panel...AFTER you have tried to type some text.

At the moment we have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Judging by the file size that's a very large image.

Your font size is only 12pt.

BEFORE typing your text INCREASE the font size to something MUCH bigger than 12pt. (You can always change it later)

I think everything is fine, its just that the text is too small to see.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
OK.

Make sure to come OUT of the text tool.

Then RIGHT CLICK the 'T' TOP LEFT of the workspace......and choose 'Reset Tool'...

reset_tool_MT_01.png

Try it again.

It would still be useful to see your Character panel and know the image dimensions in pixels.

ALSO......the font you are using is NOT a standard font and as such I assume is a downloaded one....are you 100% sure that that font HAS the characters in it that you are typing?

Custom fonts do NOT always have something assigned to every character in the set.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Well without the information I've requested thats as far as I can go.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Well like I said.....that's a VERY large image.

72pt in an image THAT size is not going to be visible.

INCREASE the font size to something MUCH larger than 72pt......keep increasing it and eventually you'll see the text.

Also you are only viewing your image at 1% zoom.....try viewing at 100%.....then you'll see it.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Just for completeness here is a comparison between 100% zoom and 1% zoom on 12pt text in a 1280x720px document with a resolution set to 72ppi...

1280x720px @ 100%

12pt_at_100_MT_01.png

Text is 72px high.

1280x720px @ 1%

12pt_at_1_MT_01.png

Text is 0.72px high.

Text at less than 1px high is....well....just not visible.

Regards.
MrToM.