What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Fence Face 3D

gedstar

Guru
Looks good Eggy :thumbsup: but just wondering if there should be something in the eye sockets. Just a thought!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks Ged!
I wasn't sure what to do with it but yes I'll put some dark cavities in the eyes sockets.

Argos

Guru
Nice!! i like to know if it look better if the edge's weren't so rough, uniformity in all the boards through the mask, i dont know how to say this in english, hope is understandable :rofl:.

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
@Let me see if I understand you correctly: you mean soften the transition between the face and the fence?

Argos

Guru
Yes i think so, something like this (this is poorly done) only i was just trying XD.

Fence Face3.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
This is how it looks in PS 3D top view:

Untitled-1.jpg

The green arrow indicated the actual situation, the red arrow the desired.
It can be done but after the 3d proces, in 'normal' PS modus.
Argos: your transition example is too soft.

I'll give it a try and see what comes up.

Argos

Guru
Yes i know i did my transition with patch tool, i only want to be how it looks, in 3d i think will look so much better.

Eggy
Indeed, this is a 3D possibility I never thought of. Makes a great image.
Very nicely done Eggy. I like it a lot!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Eggy I like this usage of Photoshop's 3D capabilities. Argos already covered the one observation I had, the rest are just minor touch up. As for the eyes, maybe a view through the fence or human eyes. This image relates to a lot of the cammo images I have seen of human face/bodies painted into scenery, so at first glance, I thought that the eyes would have looked better closed.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Thanks for the observations Sam.
I'll work on this project and adjust it.
But keep in mind that the face should pop out of the fence, otherwise I could have done a simple cammo.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
But keep in mind that the face should pop up out of the fence, otherwise I could have done a simple cammo.
Oh yes, I completely understand what your going for, I was just referencing the closed eyes of the cammo'ed images, nothing more. My fault for not explaining that better.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Here's a version where the transition is round and softer.
I still have no good ideas about the eyes. If anyone has... go for it.

Fence Face.jpg

Argos

Guru
I like it more this way, the eyes as you said could be better.

Great wrok!!

Cheers!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
That's a possibility but I was thinking making the eye sockets hollow wooden shells.
I'll give it a try.