What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I make a logo like this in Photoshop?

LuckyCoolFella

Im quiet new at Photoshop. Are there any tutorials for that kind of logo?

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 34

LuckyCoolFella

I did this video about 18 months ago...

4:12 (No audio)

Regards.
MrToM.

Thanks a lot Mr Tom! How do you do that to have both paths shown after duplicating the layer? For me only the layer which I've choosen is shown?

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Are you asking me or telling me? (You have a question mark after a statement... :confused: )

You can use "Step and Repeat" but you'll probably find that PS isn't that accurate and you'll end up 'nudging' by eye anyway but with a big enough image you could keep the error down to a minimum.

Keep all the dimensions even and you may just get away with it.....but it IS Adobe so don't get your hopes up.

There are guides and marquees to help you with sizing and positioning.

If you use any guides ALWAYS drag them from the rulers and hold SHIFT when you do. This will ensure you don't do the impossible and 'split' the pixel.

Even typing values in for guides can go astray.....holding SHIFT ensures a good 'snap' to the grid. (Which btw does not have to be visible)

Regards.
MrToM.

EDIT:

Just remembered, Phlearn did a video on step and repeat:

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Thanks a lot Mr Tom! How do you do that to have both paths shown after duplicating the layer? For me only the layer which I've choosen is shown?

I nearly missed this!

In future please just 'Reply' if you have more questions, there are NO notifications of EDITS to an existing post.

As to your question, the path, or shape outline, itself is never visible on un-selected layers as each is unique to that layer.

What you may not have is any FILL or STROKE applied to the shape in order to see it when that layer is not selected.

If you notice in the video I apply a gradient fill to the shape BEFORE duplicating the layer.

You may even be able to see @ 1:35 that only the duplicate layer's 'shape outline' is visible as I work with it, the original layer has no visible 'path' but does have a FILL applied.

Was that what you were confused with?

Regards.
MrToM.