What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to draw these shapes: square, diamond, plus sign using photoshop

kingofwebguru

Hi,

I have problem drawing these shapes in 16px by 16px using photoshop:

As you can see below, the shapes for both plus and diamond are not in best quality. especially the line looks dotted and gray.
Cross.pngDiamond.pngSquare.png

Below is information for each shape:

1) square: 1 px border in black, white colour within the area of the square.
2) diamond: 1 px border in black, white colour within the area of the diamond, the rest is transparent.
3)plus sign, 1 px border in black, white colour within the area of the diamond, about 2 pixels wide for the white area, the rest is transparent.

Could anyone help me with this. It would be very much appreciated If a .psd file can be provided. Ideally, when it is zoomed in to 120%, the shape does NOT blur.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
If you want to draw small shapes like is just use of the pencil at one pixel widths and solid colour. So take the drawings you made, there's nothing wrong with them, and just take the pencil, solid black colour, and trace the lines on a new layer. Delete the old layer and you should have a solid pixel line.

The problem is that at such small Image sizes if you use and tie alias the lines get blurred too much and you lose definition. If you used a pencil tool and just draw solid one pixel lines you will be just fine.

Cheers

Chris

If you want to draw small shapes like is just use of the pencil at one pixel widths and solid colour. So take the drawings you made, there's nothing wrong with them, and just take the pencil, solid black colour, and trace the lines on a new layer. Delete the old layer and you should have a solid pixel line.

The problem is that at such small Image sizes if you use and tie alias the lines get blurred too much and you lose definition. If you used a pencil tool and just draw solid one pixel lines you will be just fine.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

Using your solution, I still find difficult to draw diagonal lines. I wonder if there is another way.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

Using your solution, I still find difficult to draw diagonal lines. I wonder if there is another way.

Don't use PS for that. Use Ilustrator or Indesign. You will be able make lines doted or not doted and change color any time you want. And there will not be any problems with diognal lines of course.

Hi SeniorS,

Thank you for your advice.

I am new to Photoshop and Illustrator.

I wonder if you help me with this!

Thanks.

Back