What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to reduce png files in Photoshop

maggie2

I need help to find out how to reduce the size of my png files. I sell digital products on Etsy and the maximum size of file I can upload there is 20MB. Many of my files exceed that limit. For example, right now I have several files that are over 32MB. I have tried many of the compressor products I have found on Google but am not happy with any of them. First of all, many, many of them only allow you to upload a file that is 5MB. That isn't much help when my file size is over 32MB.

So can anyone tell me if there is a way to reduce the size of a png file in Photoshop? If not, can anyone suggest a software (not TOO expensive) that I can use for this purpose.

Thanks,
Marg

Inkz

Guru
Try this, works for me...

When saving go to File >> Export >> Save for web (Legacy)

Plasky

Try this, works for me...

When saving go to File >> Export >> Save for web (Legacy)

Indeed. It's the fastest way to reduce file weight. Then also try to play with export options, reducing levels of quality (resolution...blablabla) to minimum. It will shown worst but less heavy.