What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

layer filled with gradient: the thumbnail shows the gradient and the image is tranpar

xavierf

Hello, I am newbie in photoshop

I created a layer that I filled with a gradient. While the layer thumbnail shows the good gradient image, the main image is transparent. I noticed also that the rgb chanels thumbnail are transparent. How can I make the gradient color appear on the main image ?

Thank you in advance

sc00t

Re: layer filled with gradient: the thumbnail shows the gradient and the image is tra

Please can you post a screenshot of photoshop?

im presuming you've applied a gradient to a mask or maybe turned the layer view off by clicking the eye on the layers panel but seeing a screenshot will be helpful.

xavierf

Re: layer filled with gradient: the thumbnail shows the gradient and the image is tra

Hello ScOOt and thank you for your answer, here is a screenshot of photoshop (you will have to zoom in). Presumably it is because the original image is black and white ? So how to create a gradient with the wanted colors ?
Capture d’écran 2017-02-05 à 15.51.38.png

xavierf

here is a better screenshot
Capture d’écran 2017-02-05 à 15.58.52.png

colleague

Guru

are R - G and B marked if you look into the blending options

Attachments

• Luminance_Blending_Default_Settings-web1.jpg
    Luminance_Blending_Default_Settings-web1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 13

xavierf

Hello colleague and thank you for your answer. Yes. Here is the screenshot. I have another thing that doesn't work, may be it is related : the clone stamp tool also doesn't work
Capture d’écran 2017-02-05 à 18.04.39.pngCl

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

This is odd.

I looked over your screen shots and I could not see any reason why your Gradient tool is not showing in the canvas or in the channels panel. All your settings seem to be correct.

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

This is how to reset your preferences in Photoshop: Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop. As you start the program you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. Deleting the file will create a new set of preferences from scratch.

xavierf

Hello scOOT, colleague and IamSam, effectively I needed to reset the preferences and now it is working. Thank you

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Great!

I'm glad that worked!

sc00t

Awesome. Glad that did the trick. Stick around and show us some of your work!