What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator make lines smoother

pikosan

Hi guys, I am really really new in illustrator so here isthe thing. I was researching it but I didn't get the answer so if you help me please.
I am trying to make a logo and it is a basic text logo. The Capital letter 'M' font Android and i notices that the lines (or curves) are kinda pixeled. I am tryiongto make them smoother. I tried using smooth tool but did not manage to rid of this "stair" effect. I tried to make outline 2 px black but it helped partially. What is the procedure in this case? When I look at professional logos everything is smooth to a pixel and I would like to learn how to achieve it. Untitled-1.pngThank you

pikosan

hi, thank youy for reply,

i uded the type tool and applied the Android font to it. I tried to use the pen tool, but i still had this 'stair effect' on my lines. but now after I watched this awsome tutorial I managed to repeat the action and the lines are much smoother! :thumbsup: But is there any way to make the font to become smoother or I will have to draw it myself if i want perfect lines? What would be the best practice? Thank you.