What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #8

have a go:

kinda of easy to screw these up if you're not careful... at least for me. Went in to change a couple little things and lost a whole frame.

I've taken out my very first try and put in one which has a BG and a couple minor adjustments. It's the same one as a few posts down.

Attachments

• slipper_anim_2.gif
    slipper_anim_2.gif
    283.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Finally she has got into animation do you feel like your getting an extra $50 worth of your photoshop now lol

click the 1st frame so i highlights blue then scroll to the last frame hold down shift and click it

What about transitions? Is there a way in PS to eg, take static slides and transition them with fades? I was thinking of adding one more frame to the end but it would require a fade or something like that.

well it is only edited frame by frame add a couple of frames at the end with a solid colour and adjust opacity even a shape etc

OK; I tried an opacity change to the drawing and I added a white BG. Not quite as smooth as I'd like; need about 2 more frames each color and I'd like to add another frame to the action sequence too.

How do I insert a frame?

Attachments

• slipper_anim_2.gif
    slipper_anim_2.gif
    283.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Can be very frustrating at times Clare, but strangely addictive?

I worked on this all evening. And what i learned was
1) I must have a lot of time to waste since I'm the only one posting so far! which means I've frittered away my whole day. :mrgreen: and
2) there's a lot of work goes into a 30 second animation. which means I have a lot of respect for you gurus who crank them out like you were making spit balls. OK, maybe not the best analogy.

Both of my animations were made using my ink drawings.

Oh yeah, before I forget, let me say this: the gears are turning SeniorS. You ain't off the meat hook yet :devilish:

Attachments

• AlienGreeting_anim.gif
    AlienGreeting_anim.gif
    987.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
oh shoot, i left it on forever loop . . . later

There are still a few things I'd like to tweak anyway, like one more frame for "the end" so it doesn't jerk into place.

Last edited:
I worked on this all evening. And what i learned was
1) I must have a lot of time to waste since I'm the only one posting so far! which means I've frittered away my whole day. :mrgreen: and
2) there's a lot of work goes into a 30 second animation. which means I have a lot of respect for you gurus who crank them out like you were making spit balls. OK, maybe not the best analogy.

Both of my animations were made using my ink drawings.

Oh yeah, before I forget, let me say this: the gears are turning SeniorS. You ain't off the meat hook yet :devilish:

Wow!! Really reaally cool Clare!! Gorgeous drawings as well! You guys have been doing all of this while I was asleep, I´m waaaaay far behind. (like haven´t even started looking for the animation thingies yet lol).

no one's got the PS gurus brushes to spare? i have this (dumb) idea in my head that will satisfy a newbie like me :p
anyone, know why my animate Gifs arent working? i've got the frames all up and whatnot and i've played through it enough times but when i save it as a gif it's just a static image?

What are PS gurus brushes?

OK; I tried an opacity change to the drawing and I added a white BG. Not quite as smooth as I'd like; need about 2 more frames each color and I'd like to add another frame to the action sequence too.

How do I insert a frame?

1. Make new animation frame between frames you want to smooth.
2. Switch visibility off to layer or group you'll be transform.
3. Dublicate that layer or group.
4. Now turn visibility on to new (dublicated) layer or group and do your stuff.

That gives 2 good thing. First you don't mess with original layer. Second if you just dublicate layer (with visibility on) it apears everywhere and then you have to select all frames and switch it off. My way is easier, i think.

What about transitions? Is there a way in PS to eg, take static slides and transition them with fades? I was thinking of adding one more frame to the end but it would require a fade or something like that.

You can add extra frames and change opacity by your own. Or let PS do that for you.
There is action "Tween" which do that. For that you select 2 frames and choose that:
tween.jpg

Here is result (i took 10 steps but i actually made only two frames by myself :) ):
tween.gif

nice one mate:)

Last edited:
And Senior the intro was made using Adobe after Effects
I should start to learn that thing. Because more i make anumation in PS more i understand that it's not good choise for that. I mean, it's okey and fun but for serious animation not enough.

Okey, one little tip for looping back animation (cycling it).
Some of you already know that of course but some propably not.

If that post is absolutly unnecesary i'll delete it just say it.

So that's my 5 cents to better world. I wish i've been told about it because i did few reverse animation endings by hand and that is so not cool, and taked too much time which can be saved easily.
Let's say you made such animation (for some unknown reason :) ):
reverss1.gif
and it feels not right to loop it that way.
First you can always reverss it frame by frame but thats unnecesay cause there is build in function.

1. Select all animation frames except first and last, then:
reverse1.jpg

2. Select last frame and:
reverse2.jpg

and set it that way (actually it's default but if somehow it changed then change it back):
reverse3.jpg

3. And finally (do that step immediately after 2nd):
reverse4.jpg

And result will be:
reverss2.gif

And it tooked "5 seconds".

Last edited:

Back