What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #8

hey clare, yeah, sorry i don't know whats up there :/ maybe i missed something out in the saving process :p idk but hey.

yeah, it was slower on the preview so i thought it was slow enough XD i didn't realise it was actually faster than that, silly me XD
thanks, it might take a while though :D

aaaah that explains it then, thanks seniorS i'll try and cycle it back :D

OK maybe the lense flares were a bit over powered

Maybe, lol. Here's my day's labor (need to get some work done now). Hoog, I had trouble making a number of things in the fire tutorial work and I had to improvise. One was the the fire transfer via green channel. That brought a really sick version of the fire over and I tried four different images. I used adjustments. Then the blending mode didn't work and I had to play with a solution. But, I think I got a fairly good effect:

Attachments

• fire&ice.jpg
    fire&ice.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thanks Sir Maximus; I'm glad you like it. It's good to see you back around again. I was thinking that to improve the "ICE" I should put some glints/highlights on the letters. I have some ideas, but I bet there are better ways. What would you -- or anybody -- suggest?

The fire part is awesome better than the 1 in my tutorial a nice wide font works well almost looks 3d I will have to have a play with an Ice effect though as I have never tried it and I will get back to you on if I can improve it any or not

Actually ice is hard to get but here is my attempt which is poor but I will keep trying
Ice.jpg

This was created typing Ice (obviously) added a blue stroke and a slight blue inner glow blending mode normal
then I rasterised each letter to its own layer like in my tutorial and merged each letter with effects to an empty layer like in tutorial
I then went to filter > artistic plastic wrap
also filter > ocean ripple I think
also a slight filter of glass on it
I suppose at this point once you have repeated the steps for each letter you could liquify it to shape it more
I then made a feathered vignette in white and inverted it and applied a glass and plastic wrap effect to the border

Actually ice is hard to get but here is my attempt which is poor but I will keep trying
View attachment 7557

This was created typing Ice (obviously) added a blue stroke and a slight blue inner glow blending mode normal
then I rasterised each letter to its own layer like in my tutorial and merged each letter with effects to an empty layer like in tutorial
I then went to filter > artistic plastic wrap
also filter > ocean ripple I think
also a slight filter of glass on it
I suppose at this point once you have repeated the steps for each letter you could liquify it to shape it more
I then made a feathered vignette in white and inverted it and applied a glass and plastic wrap effect to the border

very similar to what I did, except no stroke and I think I only did inner glow on the reflections. I used glass filter followed by plastic wrap. I want to put them side by side and compare the brightness. Of course, I could lso use the star effects from our space challenge!

Then there's Sir Max to the rescue with yet another tutorial!

ALL good attempts:)

Last edited:
Clare Just noticed in your fire word above the E you have a straight line at the top of the fire and maybe use warp or transform your fire across a bit more you have a bit of a repetetive pattern in the flames just slightly different heights just a point not picking on the image as I love it.

Clare I am sure you have not had over 100 pms in the last 24 hours I cant reply to you as your inbox is full..... and cant be bothered with email or facebook if I log in I get people wanting to talk to me eeeewwwww

Back