What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop question

Rogier The

Hi guys,

As you may have guessed: I am a photoshop newb. Now I have question about a certain cool style I recently saw on a website and I was wondering how you can make this.

website screenshot.png

The style I mean is displayed on the image above. I really like how the transition has been done on the that website ( the part where the lower border of the video meets the white, It kinda looks like a cloud) I was wondering with what kind of technique this can be done?

Thank you very much!
Have a nice day

Kind regards :thumbsup:
Rogier

Welcome, Rogier. Probably the easiest way to do that is with a layer mask.

Copy your pattern layer (always copy and save the original), add a layer mask to the copied layer, add a layer of desired color between the two, then draw a black-to-white gradient ON THE LAYER MASK of the copied layer - re-draw as needed until you get the right look.

See below.

Attachments

• pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 6