What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sinch

Is there any way someone can help me make the background transparent? It's very hard to because of my friends hair, I tried using the lasso tool, refine edge, pen tool, quick selection and changing the background on a new layer. I have no idea how to fix it from here is there anyway anyone can get the background transparent and reupload the .psd file onto this forum. Thank you so much.
IMG_4941.JPG

Rich54

Guru
Here's my try. It's a PNG file, which looks here like it's on a white background, but it actually has a transparent background. To create the selection, I used the Pen tool for everything from the neck down. Then, for the hair, I used the Channels technique explained in the attached video.

Hair.png

Babine

Guru
Used Topaz's Remask to extract to a new layer; used Select/Colour/Range to select the hair; copied the hair to a new layer; set this hair layer overtop of the Remask layer and added the missing fringes in with a hide-all mask

IMG_4941.png

andybriggs03

@andybriggs03

The eraser tool is the most useless tool in Photoshop.
Never ever use it for a hair job. What you have done here is an absolut No-go.

Please compare your work with Rich54 and Sabine's excellent job.
Not saying that or owt just said that took me 5 minutes if that probably 2 minutes.

Easy enough to do.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, don't forget what the OP was needing!
I have no idea how to fix it from here is there anyway anyone can get the background transparent and reupload the .psd file onto this forum.