What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

question about the pen tool with jagged lines

james28909

ok so i have read up with the search tool up top, i did find a few topics about this but i am still unclear how to fix it.

you know i was just working on the luminescent lines and it went great i was able to finally get all the way through the tut. now the problem i am gettin is when i make a curved line, the edges are jagged so bad that after i am done with the project they are visible and look tremendously terrible. and like i said i am a noob with photoshop and i dont have my book anymore (spilled my cola all over it and the pages stuck together -.-

i appreciate you taking your time to help me out, i have figured out a few extra things too, like the sketch-->> chrome then set opacity lower, doing this with a nice burnt color in the background looks real nice.

i am learning as i go and i really want to figure out how to make my "Creations" (muhahahaha) look elite :)

I pressume you are using a mouse? Not easy to do a proper curve that way.

Are you looking at the image in normal size or zoomed in? I know your planning to use that for your logo. Now if the image is gonna be small, it may not be noticed.

I may have a rough idea of how to help create a curved line but I have to check that tute again.....

The mouse is fine to use with the pen tool, it sounds more like a resolution issue. Try 300 PPI for your project instead of the often recommended 72 PPI.

ok then here is how it turned out. i used the 300 ppi hawkeye recommended.untitled.PNG

i seen on an other post about how you can resize a pic or something.

say for instance if i made a project and the original size i wanted is say 400x100 px (for a sig.) couldnt i create the canvas to be 1600 x 400 and then shrink it down to 400x100 px? and i have tried to do this but i cant seem to find out where it is or what its called.

many many thanks for helping me out, cause i have this learning disability, its called im an idiot ;)

Back