What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smooth jagged edges and points from a scanned drawing in Photoshop

KBtank23

I created this title on paper for a project and did a bad job outlining it in pen. I then scanned it from my printer on to my desktop, put it in Photoshop, and filled it in with black. For the last couple of hours I've been trying to smooth out the edges by watching tutorials and experimenting myself. I'm stuck and not sure what to do. Anyone know what to do?
Aspire Title.png

This is a job for the Pen Tool. If you're not familiar with it, it can be very intimidating at first. But it's exactly the tool you need to create smooth, customized curves that cleanly flow into each other. I took your title and outlined it with the Pen tool, then I created curves to smooth out your rough spots. The other advantage of the Pen tool is that once you've created and saved the path, you can easily adjust the path by moving the anchor points, and the curves follow automatically. I suggest you view several tutorials on the Pen tool and give it a try. One tip... the fewer anchor points, the better. I've also attached my PSD file here. The path for the Pen tool is located in the Path tab near the Layers palette. View attachment Aspire Title.psd

Aspire Title.jpg

Dude! That's awesome! Thank you so much! And thanks for the advice too. I'll do some research on the pen tool.

Back