What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Switch 2 colours of an image

Nikonlover

Good evening,

I am trying to switch 2 colours of the image below:

coa_rev2.png

The green colour should be black (#000000).
The yellow colour should be green (#21b04a).

I tried to do this myself, but I got this pretty ugly result:

coa_rev4.png

Btw, only the stripes should change and not the Sun etc. The result is, if you look at image in full size, not nice (not sharp, smooth etc.)

Someone who knows how to change two specific colours and who can please help me with it?

Kind regards.

MrToM

Guru
'Replace Colour' seems to work quiet well...

coa_rev2_MT_01.jpg

NOTE:
My example includes a White background layer for forum clarity....you can ignore this layer.

1. Duplicate the original image layer twice, for a total of three identical layers.
2. Turn OFF the top layer and select the second.
3. Use IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS > REPLACE COLOR to change the green and yellow to black and green.
4. Turn ON the Top layer and select it.
5. Use 'Magic Wand' tool to select the WHITE pixels in the image.
6. Add a layer mask.
7. Paint on the MASK with the 'Brush' tool, in WHITE to reveal the original 'Suns'.....the black lines going through them should not be affected.

I've probably missed out some vital step but the general principle is to change the colours with 'Replace Color' and then restore the suns from the original layer using a mask.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
I've done a video for you in case my instructions miss anything out......sorry about the cursor, I thought I'd fixed it but obviously not......you should still be able to follow it easy enough.

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great video MrTom! Has that annoying yellow circular patch always been around your cursor? I don't remember ever seeing that thing. Can it be turned off (for next video)?

MrToM

Guru
:rofl:
Thanks Sam.

Its always been there but normally its really transparent so just visible.....for some reason, probably due to an MS update, it has decided to stop being transparent and go all 'opaque' on me.

It does it occasionally and obviously my 'fix' isn't permanent.

It can be turned off yes, I never know if its a help or a hindrance to be honest....I find it useful sometimes if the UI is a bit busy.

I've sorted it again now but is it doing any good?
Do you recommend hanging up its boots?

Regards.
MrShouldIHaveAYellowCursorHighliteOrNotConundrum.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Speaking only for myself, I think the little bugger needs to take a long vacation. However, if you have managed to return it to it's previous transparency, then it's not that bad. As I said, I never noticed it until this last video.

Paul

Former Member
I am sure we have had this very same request a long time ago?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought the exact same thing Paul! I was looking for it! :rofl: