What's new

Text Box from Custom Shape w/ Holes

KLarsen

Hi

So I am trying to create a custom text box from a Shape with holes in it as shown below, but when I insert text it doesn't conform to the shape, but acts as if there aren't any holes. The Shape is white and the background is black.

Here I have created the Shape:

Billede 004.png

I then choose the Type Tool and hover the cursor over the Shape so that it changes to a T with a circle around it. This is after Left-clicking:

Billede 005.png

Here is the Paths:

Billede 006.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know, in Ps you can't have the text wrap around any object completely. You wrap one side and then the other.

Here's what it would look like.......
Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.14.18 PM.png

Just a note, on the first and third column I could have justified the text to the right hand margin. It would have hugged the shapes better.

I learned this technique years ago but here's a VIDEO that will explain the process.

KLarsen

As far as I know, in Ps you can't have the text wrap around any object completely. You wrap one side and then the other.

Here's what it would look like.......
View attachment 107330

Just a note, on the first and third column I could have justified the text to the right hand margin. It would have hugged the shapes better.

I learned this technique years ago but here's a VIDEO that will explain the process.
I suspected much. Thanks for the reply.