What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KLarsen

Hi

So I am trying to create a custom text box from a Shape with holes in it as shown below, but when I insert text it doesn't conform to the shape, but acts as if there aren't any holes. The Shape is white and the background is black.

Here I have created the Shape:

Billede 004.png

I then choose the Type Tool and hover the cursor over the Shape so that it changes to a T with a circle around it. This is after Left-clicking:

Billede 005.png

Here is the Paths:

Billede 006.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I know, in Ps you can't have the text wrap around any object completely. You wrap one side and then the other.

Here's what it would look like.......
Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 1.14.18 PM.png

Just a note, on the first and third column I could have justified the text to the right hand margin. It would have hugged the shapes better.

I learned this technique years ago but here's a VIDEO that will explain the process.

KLarsen

As far as I know, in Ps you can't have the text wrap around any object completely. You wrap one side and then the other.

Here's what it would look like.......
View attachment 107330

Just a note, on the first and third column I could have justified the text to the right hand margin. It would have hugged the shapes better.

I learned this technique years ago but here's a VIDEO that will explain the process.
I suspected much. Thanks for the reply.