What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

using patterns as filters- like a halftone

Vive

Hi I'm new to this forum. I am trying to learn how to use patterns and designs I create as filters over photos. I'm open to moving between illustrator and photoshop if that makes sense. I'd like the results to look like designed halftones, but instead of dots they will be shapes or stripes that I create. Thanks Any advice would be great!

create your shapes or stripes and save them
>Edit > Define Pattrern Ps will do the rest

Oh and Welcome!

Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping to take the patterns to a second step of creating a half tone with them. I was able to put the pattern over an image using the define pattern, but it doesn't mask the image in the pattern... its a pretty complicated idea, but I've seen it used in magazines lately. It usually looks like someone created their own filter. Maybe is this a CS5 thing?

Back