What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I guess I have a difficult problem to solve with reference to my previous posts...

dave3191

I guess that no one has experienced this problem before pertaining to my previous posts with reference to blue colors won't print!

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...y-cant-i-get-blue-colors-print-correctly.html

Does anybody know how to reset Adobe CS5 Master Suite to the stock settings? I've tried everything, uninstalled it and reinstalled CS5 but it remembers all of my presets and puts them right back in the new install. I have to get this problem fixed as it's been nearly 3 weeks working on it with no results! Thanks...

LRG

Re: I guess I have a difficult problem to solve with reference to my previous posts..

hi dave,
did you try to hold down ctrl+shift+alt when starting ps? it will ask you if you would delete the settings file.
edit:just a quick tip, i didnt read your post about your printing issues.

dave3191

Re: I guess I have a difficult problem to solve with reference to my previous posts..

hi dave,
did you try to hold down ctrl+shift+alt when starting ps? it will ask you if you would delete the settings file.
edit:just a quick tip, i didnt read your post about your printing issues.

Does this really work and do you think by doing so will allow me to print all of my work that I've completed letting it print my blue colors correctly after doing this? It's strange that the main color that I've been having trouble with is all shades of Blues printing a violet/blue shade.

LRG

Does this really work and do you think by doing so will allow me to print all of my work that I've completed letting it print my blue colors correctly after doing this? It's strange that the main color that I've been having trouble with is all shades of Blues printing a violet/blue shade.

to be honest i dont know whether it will solve the printing problem or not but it will delete the settings file and the changes, presets, etc. you have made during the usage of the program.

edit: before trying this, backup your settings file if you think you will need it later.
ie: you can find it on windows and cs3:

C:\Documents and Settings\[ USER NAME ]\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings

Last edited:

dave3191

to be honest i dont know whether it will solve the printing problem or not but it will delete the settings file and the changes, presets, etc. you have made during the usage of the program.

edit: before trying this, backup your settings file if you think you will need it later.
ie: you can find it on windows and cs3:

C:\Documents and Settings\[ USER NAME ]\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Adobe Photoshop CS3 Settings

I'll give it a shot and see what happens! Thanks...

ibclare

Queen Bee

IDK if this is pertinent, but is monitor calibration an issue?

dave3191

IDK if this is pertinent, but is monitor calibration an issue?

Nope, I've been through that several times as well. So I know that my monitors are calibrated perfectly! All roads keep leading to the Adobe CS5 Master Suite, because I can do work in very well known software like MS Word and MS Project and their known colors that I have worked with for years, especially the brillant true blue color Gantt Bars in MS Project. These Blues all display perfectly, but when it time to print them they print this violet/blue color!

The thing that gets me is why did this have to affect the color Blue as this is one of the main colors that I work with! I could care less if it was say Yellow! But I know that it's got to be affecting all colors to some degree whatever this problem is, it's just so noticeable when printing Blue Colors. Thanks again...

dave3191

Man one sure doesn't get any help from the Adobe Forum Site at all! At least people on this site try to help you out! Thanks everyone who offered suggestions to my problem which unfortunately I still have...