What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #8

Hoogle

Guru
FIRE & ANIMATION

The Challenge

This is a more open thread than usual because I am not fully sure on what versions of photoshop allows animation.

Ok challenge 1 is to create an animation using photoshop Icould not find many tutorials on this subject so created 1 just for this purpose please see link below and watch in HD for best results. The animation can be anything from a short cartoon to an Avatar or sig but try and keep it below 4MBs so it does not make the thread slow. This must be a GIF file.

Part 2 of the Challenge is to create an Image based on fire as I love fire this can be (hint) a fire portrait, typography hand painted fire it can be anything as long as fire is the theme

Bonus Challenge is to create a Fire based animation

I am hoping with the 2 subjects with a wide variety of possibilities that this thread should keep busy until next weeks challenge.

Everybody may enter it is just for fun and to get us all interacting with each other

Here is the basic animation tutorial

Here is the fire text tutorial

week-8-short.gif

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
awesomeness hoogle, this is DEFINITELY a challenge to me, i didn't even know there was animation in photoshop. I'm guessing CS5.1 has it?

Vafann

Guru
WoW Hoogle! That was some into! I won´t be doing any animations though, I don´t have CS5, but I will try my hand at a fire image. Cool challange! :)

Hoogle

Guru
I think you can still animate with previous versions you just dont have the puppet warp tool but you can still do it with other tools

Vafann

Guru
I have CS3 extended, and I at least know that there is some kind of 3D thing in it, and I have seen somewhere on some dropdown menu something about animation, maybe, I think, lol. To tell ou the truth, I´m scared to death of poking around in those things I know absolutley notning about, I´m afraid I´m going to crash photoshop completely if I start messing with them. lol.

Hoogle

Guru
yeah if you go to window at the top you will see an option to bring up the animation window it will not crash photoshop just display a frames panel

Vafann

Guru
yeah if you go to window at the top you will see an option to bring up the animation window it will not crash photoshop just display a frames panel
Uh.. ok, I´ll try tomorrow, I´m too tired right now, and my brain can´t take in anything new at the moment lol. :)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
hey hoogle is there any chance you could put up the photoshop gurus logo brushes for us all please?

Vafann

Guru

Maybe something you will also like to try

I am ABSOLUTLEY going to try this! I have read about the thing where you paint directly on a layer style like that, but I never really understood. I do now! Thank you Hoogle!! :)

SeniorS

Guru
Great intro!

And good tutorial.

I know that's kinda cheating cause it's been made weeks ago but i like it and it's "fire". And posting AW animations would be cheating too i think. So just this one from old ones.

SS-flame-256.gif

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
Cheat Cheat! Loved it when you made it; still do! :mrgreen:

Mr. Hoogleman, that is a great set of tutorials you did. :thumbsup: I even got to where I could understand that limey accent :rofl:.

I'm sure it's going to take watching a few times to get this down at all, but I'm anxious to get started. Don't expect results too soon.

So when do you add the "animating fire" video? :devilish: :clap:

Hoogle

Guru
I suppose that could be quite easy to do will try and get 1 done later on tonight just working on something now

SeniorS

Guru
Hoogleman, that intro you made, it's awesome. It isn't PS or not 100% PS. What is that?

Hoogle

Guru
Here is an Emma Watson makeover made for the challenge as an example for creativity dont ask for a tutorial as I have no idea I just made it up as I went along lol
Emma Watson.jpg

And Senior the intro was made using Adobe after Effects and Adobe audition cs5.5 for the sound
and the gif at the bottom of the post is the intro imported into photoshop and loads of frames deleted

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
no one's got the PS gurus brushes to spare? i have this (dumb) idea in my head that will satisfy a newbie like me :p
anyone, know why my animate Gifs arent working? i've got the frames all up and whatnot and i've played through it enough times but when i save it as a gif it's just a static image?