What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop hangs when re sizing

sethjames9000

In order for my printer to print boarderless photos, there needs to be a 3mm boarder around the pic.

What I have been doing is selecting the photo and resizing it in the top left by changing the percent size to milimeter size. Then subtracting 6 mm from the size and manually typing in that number.

These are large photos and Photoshop hangs when I click on the lil box where you enter the size. Like photoshop is calculating before I even finish typing. Is there a way to tell Photoshop to wait until I finish typing to calculate the new size?

Its very difficult because most of the time I get a beachball as soon as I click the box.

I have a 2013 macbook pro with 8gb ram and all the latest software and osx.

Thanks

Have you tried waiting to see if Photoshop continues?

You could try Cmd+K (Preferences) then go to Performance and increase the amount of memory available to Photoshop.

Try resetting the preferences file.
It cures a lot of strange behavior in PS.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Back