What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Rotating an object

pslane

I notice when I try to rotate an object, this makes it distorted. Any way I can do this without changing the shape?

Thanks
pslane

Paul

Former Member
An example of what you are talking about might help mate.

pslane

Screen shots are on the way. But first........

Attachments

• 4ieypw.gif
    4ieypw.gif
    426 bytes · Views: 16

TonyCooper

You haven't exactly knocked yourself out in providing details of how you are going about the rotation,
but if you are using Free Transform to rotate a selected object, you will often distort the shape because
you are pulling the arrows and not the arc.

If you use Transform>Rotate, it's impossible to distort the shape.

TonyCooper

Just noticed that most of your earlier posts are about using Illustrator, not Photoshop. If your question
is about rotating an object in Illustrator, disregard my comment.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just noticed that most of your earlier posts are about using Illustrator, not Photoshop. If your question
is about rotating an object in Illustrator, disregard my comment.

This was posted in the Adobe Illustrator forum so I would presume it's an Ai related question. Don't worry though, happens to me all the time.

pslane

Yes, I am posting in Adobe Illustrator, or at least I thought I was. An earlier post of mine explained that I am just trying to learn Illustrator with help from the Gurus. BTW I never had any problems rotating with Photoshop.
Now here's the problem with screenshots. Example: Making a tea pot spout.--see the screenshots.

First one is a rectangle,Second one is Effects/Warp/Flag. It needs to rotate to the right to be in the correct position on the pot so I just used the rotate arrows and this is what I get.
Thanks

Attachments

• ill-1.jpg
    ill-1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 11
  • ill-2.jpg
    ill-2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ill-3.jpg
    ill-3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 11

hawkeye

Guru
Use the selection tool (V) hover outside a corner until you see the rotate arrow.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 12

pslane

That's exactly what I did. A plain un edited rectangle will rotate fine but if I add an effect, it goes berserk!

TonyCooper

This was posted in the Adobe Illustrator forum so I would presume it's an Ai related question. Don't worry though, happens to me all the time.

Yes, I saw the posts in "New Posts" and not in the AI Forum. Didn't look to the right-hand side. Apologies.